Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a talented, motivated and dynamic Account Coordinator to provide public relations support for account executives and account teams across the firm. This is an entry level opportunity.
The Account Coordinator will assist with media research and outreach, presentations, and project coordination; build media lists and databases; and compile client reports. Additionally, the Account Coordinator will respond to basic client and media requests. This role may also have writing, proofreading and pitching responsibilities.
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes: global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
- Field inquiries from the media, coordinate projects, and develop briefing materials
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading communication materials (i.e., press releases, media advisories, and client correspondence)
- Provide support in researching, compiling and analyzing media coverage for clients (i.e., produce news clippings, organize media recap reports)
- Compile and summarize client PR activity through internal weekly and monthly reports
- Create and build media distribution lists for media outreach (i.e., Cision, Google)
- Distribute press releases and media advisories
- Follow up with media to verify contact information, pitch status
- Assist with event check-in, press pen, escorting talent and general needs of event staff
- Ensure that account managers are kept fully informed regarding activities of client plans
- Assist in pitching stories to the media, as needed
- Initiate new media relationships
- Stay current on industry trends, social media, and activities in assigned sectors
- Familiarity with day-to-day tools (Microsoft Office Suite, MuckRack, Cision, Meltwater, etc.) a plus
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time pressures
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative, curious, and energetic personality
- Knowledge and experience with different media-related digital platforms
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred – focus in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field is ideal
- Prior internship experience preferred (i.e., public relations, journalism, marketing, or communications)
WORKPLACE | COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Workplace: We have transitioned into a hybrid workplace model with designated on-site and remote workdays. Our schedule is Monday and Friday from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the office. Staffers are required to be within commuting distance of our office on remote/flexible days.
COVID-19: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Compensation: Fixed at $45,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and business or organizational needs. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus not included in this pay range.
Benefits and Perks: We offer a competitive benefits package, including (but not limited to): 401K plan with 4% company match, commuter benefits, medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA with company funding, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, facilities for a nursing parent, programming from our internal DEIA Council, professional development and education programs, entertainment discounts, team outings, and much more.
DISCLAIMER | EOE | COMPANY INFO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor (or take over sponsorship of) an employment Visa at this time.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity – EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO. We are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which all people are included, nurtured, and valued, and their unique perspectives support and amplify the work we do for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.rubenstein.com
This is a full time position