Wisdom. Integrity. Vision. Hustle. Know-How. These are our values. If you share them, we want to hear from you.
RUBENSTEIN is seeking a versatile and motivated Business Development Associate to support the firm’s business development and brand messaging functions, providing strategic support, such as: research, writing, editing, proofreading, drafting presentations, compiling reports, fielding project management requests, and administrative tasks (i.e., scheduling meetings).
RUBENSTEIN’s clientele includes: global corporations, media and entertainment companies, financial services organizations, educational and cultural institutions, law firms, health care providers, not-for-profit organizations, real estate companies, business executives and public figures.
- Conduct background research and initial analysis on a variety of sectors and organizations via traditional methods, media coverage, and digital platforms
- Utilize and update templates for proposals, case studies and research analysis projects
- Synthesize information to draft insightful research summaries and briefing memos in clear, concise prose
- Update and maintain executive bios and case studies
- Proofread, edit, and assist with proposal writing projects and client contracts
- Maintain status report of proposal tracking system
- Build and drive project management plans for client strategy engagements
- Manage archives of all supporting documents for business development and brand messaging efforts
- Prepare presentations for client meetings
- Administrative support in preparation of weekly status reports, internal reports, and other related department support needs
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize all daily activities with a keen eye for detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency under tight and shifting time deadlines
- Capable of communicating effectively in written and oral presentations
- Able to synthesize information into a concise format
- Able to adapt writing style to a variety of topics and contexts
- Able to take verbal direction quickly and accurately
- Exhibit initiative and the drive to succeed; creative and energetic personality
- Be news savvy and up-to-date on current events
- Connect the dots between different client sectors and bring creative thinking to client work
- Knowledge of and experience in different media-related digital platforms, marketing and/or branding, and research
- Skilled in using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of creative tools like Canva a plus
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Up to 3 years of research and writing experience in strategic communications, public relations, marketing, business development, branding, policy, or a related field, demonstrating a range of styles and formats, is required
- Prior experience in an agency setting (public relations, branding, professional services) is preferred
- College degree preferred – focus on Communications, English, Writing, Marketing, Business, Psychology, Sociology, Research, Liberal Arts, or a related field is ideal
WORKPLACE | COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Workplace: We have transitioned into a hybrid workplace model with designated on-site and remote workdays. Our schedule is Monday and Friday from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in the office. Staffers are required to be within commuting distance of our office on remote/flexible days.
COVID-19: Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). If hired, the candidate must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on a number of factors, including (but not limited to): the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and business or organizational needs. The Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. Employees are also eligible for a discretionary bonus not included in this pay range.
Benefits and Perks: We offer a competitive benefits package, including (but not limited to): 401K plan with 4% company match, commuter benefits, medical / dental / vision insurance, HSA with company funding, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee assistance programs, referral bonuses, facilities for a nursing parent, programming from our internal DEIA Council, professional development and education programs, entertainment discounts, team outings, and much more.
DISCLAIMER | EOE | COMPANY INFO
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor (or take over sponsorship of) an employment Visa at this time.
RUBENSTEIN is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity – EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO. We are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which all people are included, nurtured, and valued, and their unique perspectives support and amplify the work we do for our clients.
For more information, please visit our website: www.rubenstein.com
This is a full time position