Join a trusted and highly-regarded non-profit agency based in Contra Costa County since 1965. We are committed to providing outstanding person-centered services to children and adults who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. Enjoy a work environment that emphasizes work-life balance and a culture of service.
OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person live personally defined good lives. We invite you to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the people who depend on you and working together with your team in a culture of service.
The Program Coordinator Assistant works as a substitute direct support staff, a trainer of new direct service staff and an assistant to the Program Coordinator of the Access program in Contra Costa County.
What is the Access Program?
Lovingly known as the "fun and games committee", Access is a home-based caregiving program tailored to the interests and needs of individuals with significant health conditions and disabilities who cannot attend day programs. Staff members provide caregiving and emotional/companion care, in which they engage in favorite activities (board games, painting, listening to music, etc.) to provide enjoyment and sensory stimulation.
On a typical day, a Program Coordinator Assistant...
- Functions as a substitute direct support staff, a trainer of new direct service staff and an assistant to the Program Coordinator
- Acts on behalf of the Program Coordinator in their absence, establishing and maintaining quality program services to the people supported, and assuring that all regulatory requirements are met such that services can be maintained until the Program Coordinator’s return.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required. Experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities within an educational and/or activity setting. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and teambuilding abilities with coworkers and participants in the absence of direct supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in person-centered services and a high level of enthusiasm for the agency’s mission.
- Knowledge of: Individuals with developmental disabilities and evaluation assessment methods including individual differences in abilities, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Case planning and program plan development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Basic math skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record
- Masking is required for for this program
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on your birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled.
This is a management position
This is a full time position