VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
Position: Administrative Assistant (Entry-Level)
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm (37.5 hrs/week)
Compensation: $19 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, Employee discount program, 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
We are hiring for entry-level applicants with an interest in administrative work
Full training provided!
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of office support and clerical duties at our agency's office in Concord. This position supports various programs in Richmond that serve children and adults with disabilities. Be a part of an exciting opportunity to contribute to advocacy and inclusion in your community!
- Responsible for standard office procedures, including maintaining various calendars, processing mail, ordering supplies, photocopying/distributing, phones calls and emails.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into computer system, and for accessing reports from the computer, as needed.
- Prepares wage data for computer input, filing, and maintenance of department payroll records.
- May maintain attendance records, and may prepare monthly billings for government fee-for service contracts. May also be responsible for additional accounts receivable invoice preparation.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of confidential and non-confidential files and records of information in such areas as personnel actions, program information, financial and legal matters, etc.
- Gathers information, as necessary, to complete special projects and reports.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates any clerical assistants or volunteers assigned, as needed.
- Enthusiasm for VistAbility's mission
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be responsible and friendly, and have the desire to learn office functions and procedures.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Google Suite, and Excel
- Knowledge of business English, including spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with ability to prioritize
- Ability to make good judgment calls, ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
- 1 year administrative experience preferred but not required
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record
This is a non-management position
This is a part time 1 position