Position: Lead Direct Support Professional (Instructor 2)
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: 8:00am-3:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $19.50 per hour + full benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, employee discount program, 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!
As an Instructor 2 (Lead DSP), you will plan and implement direct services for individuals who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. You will work with other staff members to assure good teamwork and excellence in the deliverance of person-centered services at one of our Adult Program facilities.
On a typical work day, an Instructor 2...
- Acts as designated “program manager” for 10-15 people: develops, reviews, and evaluates Individual Service Plans (ISPs), attends ISP meetings as part of the Interdisciplinary team, devises and implements data collection procedures, analyzes data routinely, making necessary program changes, makes monthly progress notations, develops and implements support plans, including positive behavioral support procedures, as needed.
- Develops and implements daily lesson plans as assigned.
- Encourages people to engage fully in activities by using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- Manages medical and personal care needs privately, respectfully and using universal precautions, in accordance with licensing guidelines.
- Serves as an advocate for the people we support and as a positive role model.
- Provides level 1 Instructors with on-going training suggestions and constructive feedback/suggestions to improve job performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, internet use and email.
- High school diploma or equivalent and some college courses preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for college education.
- A minimum of two years’ experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities within an education and/or activity focused setting. Preference given to applicants with experience in development of Individual Service Plans and implementation of behavioral plans for individuals with developmental disabilities with knowledge of evaluation assessment methods.
- Valid CA driver license
- Good driving record
- Masking is required for for this program
OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person become as independent and self-sufficient as they can be. We invite you to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the people who depend on you and working together with your team in a culture of service.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position