Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Position: Lead Direct Support Professional (Instructor 2)
Location: Antioch, CA
Hours: 8:00am-3:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $19.50 per hour + full benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Employee Discount program for restaurants, shopping, travel.. even Disneyland!
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
- Accrue 2 weeks Vacation during your first year. Vacation accrual rates will increase with years of service!
As an Instructor 2 (Lead DSP), you will plan and implement direct services for individuals who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. You will work with other staff members to assure good teamwork and excellence in the deliverance of person-centered services at one of our Adult Program facilities. Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!
On a typical work day, an Instructor 2...
- Acts as designated “program manager” for 10-15 people: develops, reviews, and evaluates Individual Service Plans (ISPs), attends ISP meetings
- Devises and implements data collection procedures, analysis of data, makes monthly progress notations, develops and implements support plans, including positive behavioral support procedures
- Develops and implements daily lesson plans
- Encourages people to engage fully in activities by using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures
- Manages medical and personal care needs of participants
- Serves as an advocate for the people we support
- Provides level 1 Instructors with on-going training suggestions and constructive feedback/suggestions to improve job performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, internet use and email.
- Some College courses preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for college education.
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two years’ experience serving people with disabilities
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position