Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Position: Job Skills Trainer for Adults with Disabilities
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00-3:30pm (37.5 hrs/week)
Compensation: $18 per hour plus great benefits!
Do you have experience in packaging, assembly/production work, or manufacturing? Help adults with disabilities learn crucial work skills through on-the-job training and support!
The Job Skills Trainer works in support of VistAbility's Commercial Support Services program based in Concord. Commercial Support Services provides job training, community employment, and on-going career support for adults with disabilities.
On a typical day, a Job Skills Trainer...
- Interacts with program participants in an enthusiastic, caring, and supportive manner.
- Supports and supervises individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a production setting.
- Brainstorms and leads fun group activities (group games, lessons plans, board games, etc.)
- Oversees production work such as, assembly, packaging, and mailing services, as well as assisting adults with disabilities develop life and career skills in a work setting.
- Handles materials and prepares orders for shipment, pick ups and deliveries to local businesses as well as life skills instruction and activities.
- Valid CA Driver License and good driving record
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks vacation during your first year and increases with years of service)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Bonus Birthday Holiday
- Paid Sick Days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Program on shopping, travel, theme parks, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free financial, legal, and mental health services)
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a full time position