Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Location: Richmond, CA
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00-3:30pm (37.5 hrs/week)
Compensation: $18 per hour + great benefits!
The Job Skills Trainer works in support of VistAbility's Commercial Support Services program based in Richmond. Commercial Support Services provides job training, community employment, and on-going career support for adults with disabilities.
On a typical day, a Job Skills Trainer...
- Interacts with program participants in an enthusiastic, caring, and supportive manner.
- Supports and supervises individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a production setting.
- Brainstorms and leads fun group activities (group games, lessons plans, board games, etc.)
- Oversees production work such as: assembly, packaging, and mailing services.
- Assists adults with disabilities develop life and career skills in a work setting.
- Handles materials and prepares orders for shipment, pick ups, and deliveries to local businesses.
- Experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities or in community outreach or other social service settings preferred.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Should be highly skilled in: leadership or coaching, conflict resolution, time management, cooperation/teamwork, developing positive professional relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Valid CA Driver License and good driving record
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks vacation during your first year and increases with years of service)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Bonus Birthday Holiday
- Paid Sick Days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Program on shopping, travel, theme parks, and more
- Employee Assistance Program (Free financial, legal, and mental health services)
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a full time position