Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Part time. Hours subject to change during school year.
Part time: Monday - Friday 2pm-6:15pm
Compensation: $18.00 an hour + Great Benefits!
The After School Program is a fun, social, and engaging service offered to participants aged 7-22 with intellectual or development disabilities. This program provides fun activities in the community (mini golf, Warriors Championship parade, go-karting, batting cages, local parks, hiking trails) at the program site (outdoor play, board games, movie nights, tech time).
After School Program Teachers facilitates/lead activities and encourage play and socialization amongst participants and their peers. Teachers also ensure positive progress of educational and behavioral goals of the participants.
What does a Teacher do?
- As a team, Teachers lead activities at the program site and in the community
- Encourages and supports socialization between participants, making sure no one is left out
- Promoted positive growth and progress in each participant's educational or behavioral goal
- Transports participants safely using an agency-provided vehicle when traveling to community events and locations
- Provides support and supervision to students exhibiting challenging behaviors and implements behavior management plans, as needed.
- Cleans and organizes activities areas on a regular basis.
- Makes daily progress notations and completes student daily tracking sheets.
- Creatively plans and coordinates fun activities to engage participants of all ages
- Encourages the students to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading.
- Completion of, or willingness to obtain 12 Semester or 18 quarter units in early childhood education(ECE), child development, recreation, physical education, social welfare, nursing, psychology, sociology, home economics, education or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have California Drivers License and good driving record
- Must be able to successfully complete a health screen, a drug screen, and criminal background clearance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks vacation during your first year and increases with years of service)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Bonus Birthday Holiday
- Paid Sick Days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Program on shopping, travel, theme parks, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free financial, legal, and mental health services)
Program: After School Program
This is a part time 2 position