Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Position: Day Program Instructor
Location: Richmond, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-3:30pm 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: $18 per hour + great benefits!
Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!
The Instructor 1 assists adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities at our Richmond day program to achieve their highest level of independence and self sufficiency -- and have a blast while doing it! Group activities include arts and crafts, games, holiday parties, costume contests, music, cooking classes, field trips, and more.
- Verbally and physically supports people in their daily program. (This includes providing support in community settings.)
- Manages participants medical and personal care needs. (including assisting with bathroom use)
- Implements lesson plans and collects data.
- Valid CA driver license
- Good driving record
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks vacation during your first year and increases with years of service)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Bonus Birthday Holiday
- Paid Sick Days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Program on shopping, travel, theme parks, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free financial, legal, and mental health services)
Keywords: Direct Support Professional, DSP, advocacy, caregiving, caregiver, activities, outreach, Nonprofit, non-profit, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, Instructor 1, Day Program, inclusion, disability, Vistability
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position