Join Our Legacy of Care at VistAbility!
Since 1965, VistAbility has been a beacon of support, serving children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 13 locations in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Rooted in a deep commitment to person-centered services, we have built a culture that values work-life balance and celebrates the joy of service.
Position: Caregiver for Adults with Disabilities
Location: Fremont / Union City
Part-Time (a): Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 1:00pm (20 hrs/wk)
Part-Time (b): Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 3:00pm (30 hrs/wk)
Compensation: $20.50 per hour plus great benefits!
The Community Access Specialist (Caregiver) implements 1:1 or 1:2 in-home and community activities in the areas of independent living, social, recreational, educational, community access, and personal health. Also, completes personal care in a thorough and professional manner, in collaboration with family members or home support staff.
As a Caregiver at VistAbility, you would provide home-based care and emotional support for adults who have developmental disabilities and significant health conditions.
On a typical day, a Caregiver would...
- Provide one-on-one and one-on-two sessions designed to provide stimulation, joy, and emotional support for Access participants.
- Handle personal care needs of Access participants in accordance with universal precautions.
- Encourage people to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- Take notes on progress on participant's goals
- Develops and implements behavior management plans, as needed.
- Completes records and reports, in a timely manner, as required by regulatory
- Serves as an advocate and a positive, professional role model.
- Provide personal care assistance, such as feeding and changing
- Interact in a positive, supportive manner with people who have multiple and severe disabilities
- Valid CA driver license
- Good driving record
Benefits May Include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation (2 weeks vacation during your first year and increases with years of service)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 1 Bonus Birthday Holiday
- Paid Sick Days
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount Program on shopping, travel, theme parks, and more!
- Employee Assistance Program (Free financial, legal, and mental health services)
OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person become as independent and self-sufficient as they can be. We invite you to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the people who depend on you and working together with your team in a culture of service.
This is a non-management position
This is a part time 2 position