VistAbility is a nonprofit community-based organization working to enhance and enrich the lives of children with special needs and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
The Administrative Assistant position does not require experience working directly with adults or children with disabilities, but an interest in the services we provide is preferred.
Desired qualifications include:
- Enthusiasm for VistAbility's mission
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of business English, including spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Medical billing experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with ability to prioritize
- Ability to make good judgment calls, ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
Experience: Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be responsible and friendly, and have the desire to learn office functions and procedures. 1 year administrative experience preferred, but not required.
Licensing/Training: Valid California Driver's license, good driving record and car required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8 am - 3:30 pm, 37.5 paid hours per week
Compensation: $15.21 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
· Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
· Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled.
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a full time position