Do you want to use your work experience to train individuals with developmental disabilities in the workplace? Your valuable experience in hospitality, food service, retail, housekeeping, custodial/janitorial or other industries equips you to be a great job trainer for the people we support for successful employment.
VistAbility is looking for a JOB COACH to provide coaching, mobility training and support for successful employment to adults with disabilities working for employers throughout Richmond, Berkeley and Oakland. The Job Coach position does not require experience working directly with adults or children with disabilities, but an interest in the services we provide is preferred.
- High School diploma or GED, solid verifiable work history
- CA driver's license with good driving record and a car.
- Basic math, good communication skills and detail oriented.
- Experience in customer service/retail, hospitality, restaurant or food service is a plus but not required.
Hours: Consistently 7.5 hrs/day, 37.5 hrs/week. May include evening/weekend hours. Flexible scheduling is needed.
Compensation: $15.75/hr plus the following benefits:
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
VistAbility is a nonprofit organization working to enhance and enrich the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Program: Supported Employment
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position