This is a great opportunity for an individual who is committed to excellence with an interest in the nonprofit sector, staff recruitment and general Human Resources.
VistAbility is a mission-driven, nonprofit human services agency with over 250 staff, that has been serving people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities such as autism, Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy and epilepsy since 1965.
The primary responsibility of this position is recruiting and other pre-employment, new hire and orientation functions for staff members who will work in our programs throughout Contra Costa County and in some instances Alameda County. This position will function out of our administrative office in Martinez, CA.
Primary functions/responsibilities include:
- Complete entire recruitment process including job postings and ads, screening resumes, candidate tracking and follow up
- Conduct phone screens and in-person interviews
- Complete reference checks
- Oversee and maintain the applicant tracking system (TAM), including training new users
- Coordinate and conduct new staff orientation
- Process all new hire paperwork, including enrolling new staff in medical, dental, and other benefits plans
- Provide general administrative support to the HR department
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Bachelors degree
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Google/Gmail
- Exceptional data management and clerical skills
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently in professional English, both verbally and in writing
- CA Driver's license, good driving record and use of a personal vehicle for work purposes required
Preferred skills include:
- Minimum three years experience working in HR or recruiting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in current recruiting trends including Internet recruiting, strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience in general recruiting and administrative support
- Experience in staffing industry
- General understanding of State and Federal employment regulations, basic employment laws and EEOC practices
Candidates must be detail oriented, with the ability to problem solve, multi-task and work in a team environment with a strong commitment to excellence in the delivery of quality HR services.
Hours: Monday - Friday - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $38,000 - $42,000 annually plus great benefits!
Benefits package for these work hours includes: Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday. Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Recruiting: 1 year (Preferred)
- CA Driver License w/good driving record (Required)
- 403 (b)
- 403 (b) employer match after 1 year of employment
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
This is a full time position