Contra Costa ARC is a nonprofit organization that provides support and services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Instructor 1 assists adults with Down Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy to meet their chosen personal goals in community access, recreation, domestic and vocational skills. Services are provided at the day program site in as well as in the community.
Must be comfortable assisting adults in personal care: feeding and changing adult briefs.
Caregiver, senior care or experience working with adults who have disabilities is a plus. Training is provided.
Minimum Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid, verifiable work history
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
Compensation: $15.21 per hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position