The Instructor II plans and implements direct services for individuals in the areas of domestic, leisure, vocational and community awareness skills. Works effectively with other level 2 Instructors as well as level 1 Instructors, and Program Coordinator Assistant to assure good coordination, teamwork and excellence in person-centered services.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in services and high enthusiasm.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, internet use and email.
- Solid, verifiable work history
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
Preferred Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities within an education and/or activity focused setting. Preference given to applicants with experience in development of Individual Service Plans and implementation of behavioral plans for individuals with developmental disabilities with knowledge of evaluation assessment methods.
Compensation: $15.75 per hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Vacation Accrual: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position