VistAbility is a non-profit community-based organization working to enhance and enrich the lives of children with special needs and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Grow personally and professionally with on the job training in ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) methodology. Great benefits package!
Early Intervention Assistants work with children 18 mos- 3 yrs with developmental delays, behavioral and/or emotional challenges, as well as those on the autism spectrum in our early intervention preschool in Richmond. This position is fast-paced, dynamic and very rewarding. Great potential for growth!
Minimum Requirements Include:
- HS Diploma/GED and good written and verbal communication skills
- 12 Early Childhood Education units (or the willingness to obtain)
- Ability to meet state Licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-2pm, 30 hrs/week, year round
Compensation: $14.25/hr + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday
- Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year
Program: Early Intervention
This is a non-management position
This is a part time 2 position