VistAbility is a non-profit serving Contra Costa County that exists to enhance and enrich the lives of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
We are currently recruiting for an Early Intervention Specialist (non-credentialed teacher) to work with children from 18mos-3yrs with developmental delays, behavioral and/or emotional challenges, as well as those who may be on the autism spectrum in our early intervention program and preschool in Richmond.
Our early intervention programs and preschools provide a well structured environment and activities that are designed to meet the developmental and behavioral goals and needs of each child. Using the therapeutic techniques of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), activities will be focused in the areas of speech and language development, fine and gross motor development, sensory integration, and social development.
Responsibilities: The Early Intervention Specialist conducts classes for children in accordance with the instructional design and philosophy of the program. Evaluates each child in class and in all program activities; also prepares IPP for each child. Plans and implements daily activities, including class, music and lunch. Participates in parent and staff meetings. Maintains close contact with parents and/or caregivers. Supervises the work of the teacher assistant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or related field with experience teaching children with developmental delays.
- 12 Early Childhood Education units required including 3 units of Infant/Toddler Care (or the willingness to obtain).
- Experience working with children on autism spectrum.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to meet state Licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - subject to religious or medical exemptions requests
Compensation: $18.50 - $19.50 /hour + GREAT Benefits
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
- 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year
- 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year
- 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year
- 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 2:30pm (32.5 paid hours per week)
Program: Early Intervention
This is a full time position