VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County that exists to enhance and enrich the lives of children with special needs and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Toward that end we provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
The Instructor 1 assists adults with Down Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy to meet their chosen personal goals in community access, recreation, domestic and vocational skills. Services are provided at the day program site as well as in the community. Must be comfortable assisting adults in personal care: feeding and changing adult briefs. Caregiver, senior care or experience working with adults who have disabilities is a plus. Training is provided.
- Verbally and physically supports people in their daily program in an age-appropriate and respectful manner. (This includes providing support in community settings.)
- Collects data according to prescribed procedures.
- Manages peoples’ medical and personal care needs, privately, respectfully and using universal precautions
- Implements lesson plans as developed by the supervisory team
Minimum Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid, verifiable work history
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
Compensation: $15.54 per hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position