VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County working to enhance and enrich the lives of children with special needs and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Grow personally and professionally with on the job training in ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) methodology. Great benefits package!
Early Intervention Assistants work with children 18 mos- 3 yrs with developmental delays, behavioral and/or emotional challenges, as well as those on the autism spectrum in our early intervention preschool in Concord.
- Serves as an advocate and positive role model for the children.
- Encourages the children to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in in-service training sessions.
- Stays informed about trends and best practices in the field.
- Maintains a professional image when speaking with children, outside personnel, parents, and other professionals.
- Handles and/or reports critical incidents, accidents, injuries, seizures, etc.
- HS Diploma/GED and good written and verbal communication skills
- 12 Early Childhood Education units (or the willingness to obtain)
- Ability to meet state Licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-2pm, 30 hrs/week, year round
Compensation: $16/hr with great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday
- Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year
Program: Early Intervention
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position