VistAbility is a non-profit serving Contra Costa County that exists to enhance and enrich the lives of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Overall Responsibility: Under the general direction of the director, responsible for the coordination and effectiveness of client services in the Access Program. This position is responsible for supervision and coordination of direct service personnel based in Alameda County.
Program Development: Responsible for coordination and effectiveness of services for program participants. Advocates for program participants and services.
Personnel: Assists Director in hiring direct service staff. Provides orientation and training to new staff. Supervises designated staff. Heavy emphasis on daily scheduling changes in staffing. Conducts personnel reviews.
General: Ensures and maintains compliance with regulatory agency requirements and ensures quality and safety of services provided. Successfully completes extensive report writing requirements. Anticipates the varying, potential needs of the program’s funding sources and monitoring agencies. Ensures the quality of all services provided to participants. Respects individuals served, their families, funding sources and the organizational structure while working constructively with all involved parties. Attends semi-annual and annual interdisciplinary team meetings.
- One year of personnel supervisory experience and extensive experience with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Strong management, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Strong report writing skills
- Basic math skills. Computer skills to include, basic MS Word, basic MS Excel, basic email and internet use.
- CA Driver’s License with good driving record
- COVID-19 Vaccination required - open to medical and religious exemption requests
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled.
This is a management position
This is a full time position