VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County working to enhance and enrich the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Do you have experience in hospitality, retail or housekeeping? Are you looking for more meaningful work? Utilize your experience to help others be successful in their jobs!
The Job Coach provides coaching and support to adults with disabilities working for employers throughout Contra Costa County. We are looking for individuals who genuinely love to help others and want to empower and support the people that we serve.
- Evaluates and provides job coaching, advocacy, mobility training, follow-along and support services to the individuals served.
- Provides necessary problem solving and conflict resolution training to participants.
- Monitors job placements and provides support as necessary to maintain placement.
- Develops and implements the goals of the participants and provides necessary documentation.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with job site personnel.
- Participates in conferences for the consumers, staff meetings, and other committee meetings as required.
- Follows a flexible work schedule including handling daily scheduling decisions and changes, and working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Substitutes for other Supported Employment Specialists, as required.
- Encourages consumers to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- Basic math, good communication skills and detail oriented.
- Experience in customer service/retail, hospitality, restaurant or food service is a plus but not required.
- High School diploma or GED, solid verifiable work history
- CA driver's license with good driving record and a car.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
Hours: Consistently 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours/week.
Typically in the Monday-Friday, 8am-5:30pm window. Sometimes there is a need to work occasional evenings and weekend shifts to support participants who work during those time frames.
Compensation: $16.25/hour plus the following benefits:
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Program: Supported Employment
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position