VistAbility is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization providing direct services to over 1000 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities every day in 13 locations throughout Contra Costa County with 300 staff members.
The Accounting Assistant reviews and processes invoices, audits credit card bills, answers vendor inquiries, reconciles vendor statements and processes manual checks.
Processes all vendor invoices.
Issues approximately 100 checks per week.
Prepares vouchers for invoices as necessary.
Obtains proper authorization for payment of invoices.
Processes automated accounts payable checks.
Assigns and/or updates vendor codes as needed.
Enters bank deposits in Accounting system.
Miscellaneous accounting duties and projects as needed
- High School Diploma
- 3 years work experience in manual and automated bookkeeping functions, or AA degree in Accounting and 1-year work experience in automated bookkeeping functions.
- Very good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements involving health screening and Dept. of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination required - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30-4:30pm, 37.5 hrs/week.
Compensation: $22 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position