Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County that provides services for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Production Foreman is a part of the Commercial Support Services program, a program that assists adults with disabilities in gaining work skills and experience in work environments. The staff for this program provide on-the-job training and guidance to the participants.
The Production Foreman assists the Production Manager (PM) in establishing and maintaining production operations within the facility by ensuring job specifications are carried out including job set-up, material flow, scheduling and quality control.
- Assists the Production Manager in planning, scheduling, and assigning production work to work units. May conduct the morning production planning meetings.
- May direct and supervise the production activities of unit staff and substitute for PM during their absence.
- Ensures job specifications are carried out including job set-up, material flow, scheduling and quality control.
- Ensures procedures for shipping and receiving inventory and record keeping are followed.
- Assists PM with credit checks, collections, and invoicing.
- Assists in making bids and completing required documentation of records.
- Substitutes for unit staff when necessary.
- Assists PM and Program Coordinator (PC) with orientation and training staff as assigned.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of CARF standards and State and Federal wage certifications.
- Reports concerns, problems with job set-up, production flow, quality control and scheduling to PM. Intervenes as immediately necessary to prevent and/or remediate production problems, makes recommendations to PM.
- Supervises individuals on production work, as needed.
- Schedules routine equipment and vehicle maintenance. Schedules repairs as needed after consultation with PM and approval from the Division Director
- Ability to communicate proactively orally and in Business writing for purposes of marketing and sales strongly preferred. Complete production math effectively.
- Use computer software including mailing programs, and MS Excel and Word, and the Internet and email.
- Ability to drive a forklift and delivery vehicle
- Two years of continuous, verifiable, paid work experience ideally in a field related to the position of Production Foreman preferred. Additional work experience may be substituted for educational requirements
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record required.
- Background check
- COVID-19 Vaccination including booster - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Hours: Monday - Friday 8-3:30pm (37.5 hour workweek)
Compensation: $18.00/hr + great benefits!
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a full time position