VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County working to enhance and enrich the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Job Coach provides on-the-job coaching and hands-on guidance to adults with disabilities working for employers throughout Contra Costa County. We are looking for individuals who genuinely love to help others and want to empower participants in their place of work.
- Evaluates and provides job coaching, advocacy, mobility training, follow-along and support services to the individuals served.
- Provides necessary problem solving and conflict resolution training to participants.
- Monitors job placements and provides support as necessary to maintain placement.
- Develops and implements the goals of the participants and provides necessary documentation.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with job site personnel.
- Participates in conferences for the consumers, staff meetings, and other committee meetings as required.
- Follows a flexible work schedule including handling daily scheduling decisions and changes, and working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Substitutes for other Job Coaches, as required.
- Encourages consumers to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- High School diploma or GED, solid verifiable work history
- CA driver's license with good driving record and a car.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
- Must have own car. Mileage reimbursement provided.
Hours: 8-3:30pm, Monday - Friday. 37.5 hours per week.
Compensation: $16.25/hour plus the following benefits:
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Program: Supported Employment
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position