Founded in 1965, VistAbility (formerly Contra Costa ARC) is a trusted and highly-regarded Bay Area non-profit agency serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are looking for someone who is organized, personable, passionate about our mission, and a great ambassador for the agency.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is committed to excellence with an interest in the nonprofit sector, staff recruitment and general Human Resources.
The primary responsibility of this position is recruiting and other pre-employment, new hire and orientation functions for staff members who will work in our programs throughout Contra Costa County and in some instances Alameda County.
Primary functions/responsibilities include:
- Complete entire recruitment process: including writing job postings and ads, screening resumes, candidate tracking and follow up, coordinate and assist with new staff orientations.
- Conduct Zoom interviews, reference checks, pre-employment screenings, and assessments.
- Develop strong rapport with hiring managers and understand their hiring needs.
- Process all new hire paperwork, including onboarding in UKG, enrolling new staff in medical, dental, and other benefits plans.
- Use of the following applications: The Applicant Manager, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, MS Word, Excel
- Process all new hire paperwork, including enrolling new staff in medical, dental, and other benefits plans
- Provide general administrative support to the HR department
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Google/Gmail
- Exceptional data management and clerical skills
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate proficiently in professional English, both verbally and in writing
- Candidates must be detail oriented, with the ability to problem solve, multi-task and work in a team environment with a strong commitment to excellence in the delivery of quality HR services.
Preferred skills include:
- Minimum three years experience working in HR or recruiting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in current recruiting trends including Internet recruiting preferred
- Hands-on experience in general recruiting and administrative support
- Experience in staffing industry
- General understanding of State and Federal employment regulations, basic employment laws and EEOC practices
- HS Diploma, Bacherlor's degree preferred
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- COVID-19 Vaccination including booster required - religious or medical exemption requests will be considered
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403 (b) + employer match after 1 year of employment
- Paid sick leave
- Generous vacation accrual
- 11 Paid Holidays + Birthday Holiday
All positions open until filled
This is a full time position