Founded in 1965, VistAbility (formerly Contra Costa ARC) is a trusted and highly-regarded Bay Area non-profit agency serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are hiring for entry-level applicants with an interest in administrative work - Full training provided!
The Administrative Assistant works in support of the Commercial Support Services program based in Richmond. This program provides employment support and training to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Administrative Assistant performs many varied office duties throughout the day including answering phone calls, greeting participants, staff, family members and other guests, assisting with participant timesheets, and a large variety of general clerical duties.
Desired qualifications include:
- Enthusiasm for VistAbility's mission
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of business English, including spelling and punctuation
- Basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic with ability to prioritize
- Ability to make good judgment calls, ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster - exemption requests will be considered
Experience: Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be responsible and friendly, and have the desire to learn office functions and procedures. 1 year administrative experience preferred, but not required.
Licensing/Training: Valid California Driver's license, good driving record and car required (mileage reimbursement provided).
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8 am - 3:30 pm, 37.5 paid hours per week
Compensation: $15.75 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
· Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
· Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled.
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position