Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit agency serving Contra Costa County working to enhance and enrich the lives of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Research has proven that early intervention services, like those offered at VistAbility, make a tremendously positive and impactful difference in the growth of a child with developmental delays--- be a part of their journey!
Early Intervention Assistants work with children aged 2 with developmental delays, behavioral and/or emotional challenges, as well as those on the autism spectrum at our early intervention preschool in Richmond. This position works one on one with students as well as in larger group settings in activities that help build gross motor, fine motor, social, and classroom etiquette skills. The Assistant works in support of the Specialist, who leads the classroom. The classroom follows the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) that emphasizes the use of positive reinforcement to shape behaviors that promote independence, self sufficiency, and social inclusion.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- HS Diploma/GED and good written and verbal communication skills
- 12 Early Childhood Education units (or the willingness to obtain)
- Ability to meet state Licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check
- COVID-19 Vaccination and booster required - religious or medical exemption requests can be considered
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-2pm, 30 hrs/week, year round
Compensation: $16/hr + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday
- Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year
Program: Early Intervention
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position