Founded in 1965, VistAbility (formerly Contra Costa ARC) is a trusted and highly-regarded Bay Area non-profit agency serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
~~Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!~~
The entry-level Instructor 1 assists and teaches adults who have disabilities (eg. Down's Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy) at our Richmond day program. Group activities include arts and crafts, games, holiday parties, costume contests, music, cooking classes, field trips, and more.
- Verbally and physically supports people in their daily program in an age-appropriate and respectful manner. (This includes providing support in community settings.)
- Manages peoples’ medical and personal care needs (including assisting with bathroom use), privately, respectfully and using universal safety precautions
- Implements lesson plans as developed by the supervisory team and collects data according to prescribed procedures.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination including booster required - religious or medical exemption requests will be considered
Hours: 8-3:30pm or 8:30-4pm (depending on program). 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: $15.54 per hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Kaiser Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan (employer match after 1 year of employment)
- 2 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position