VistAbility is a nonprofit agency serving Contra Costa County working to enhance and enrich the lives of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
Access is a home-based program tailored to the interest and needs of individuals with significant health conditions or disabilities who may have difficulty accessing the broader community. Staff members meet the participants at their place of residence and engage in enrichment activities (board games, painting, listening to music etc.), socialization, and companionship to provide enjoyment and social engagement.
The Program Coordinator Assistant works as a substitute direct support staff, a trainer of new direct service staff and an assistant to the Program Coordinator. The PC Assistant works closely with the Program Coordinator helping to establish and maintain quality program services to the people supported, and assuring that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and teambuilding abilities with coworkers and participants in the absence of direct supervision.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in person-centered services and a high level of enthusiasm for the agency’s mission.
- Knowledge of: Individuals with developmental disabilities and evaluation assessment methods including individual differences in abilities, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Case planning and program plan development.
- Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with coworkers, participants, case managers, families and other individuals.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Basic math skills.
- Valid California driver’s license and good driving record required and a vehicle to use for work purposes with valid insurance.
- Successful completion of health screen and DOJ Criminal Record clearance.
- COVID-19 Vaccination including booster - subject to religious and medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related health field such as developmental disabilities, adult habilitation/rehabilitation, and/or adaptive learning situations.
- Two (2) years of consistent, proven reliable experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities within an educational and/or activity setting. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on your birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled.
This is a management position
This is a full time position