As an Instructor 2, you will plan and implement direct services for individuals who have intellectual and developmental disabilities at an adult day program. You will work with other level 2 Instructors as well as level 1 Instructors, and a Program Coordinator Assistant to assure good coordination, teamwork and excellence in the deliverance of person-centered services at the Richmond VistAbility program site.
- As designated “program manager” for 10-15 people: develops, reviews, and evaluates Individual Service Plans (ISPs), attends ISP meetings as part of the Interdisciplinary team, devises and implements data collection procedures, analyzes data routinely, making necessary program changes, makes monthly progress notations, develops and implements support plans, including positive behavioral support procedures, as needed.
- Develops and implements daily lesson plans as assigned.
- Encourages people to engage fully in activities by using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- Manages medical and personal care needs privately, respectfully and using universal precautions, in accordance with licensing guidelines.
- Serves as an advocate for the people we support and as a positive role model.
- Provides level 1 Instructors with on-going training suggestions and constructive feedback/suggestions to improve job performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in services and high enthusiasm.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, internet use and email.
- Solid, verifiable work history
- High school diploma or equivalent and some college courses preferred. Additional experience may be substituted for college education.
- A minimum of two years’ experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities within an education and/or activity focused setting. Preference given to applicants with experience in development of Individual Service Plans and implementation of behavioral plans for individuals with developmental disabilities with knowledge of evaluation assessment methods.
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination including booster - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Compensation: $16.54 per hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Vacation Accrual: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position