Position: After School Program Instructor
Location: Richmond, CA
Hours: Monday-Friday (4 days a week - 2:00pm-6:00pm, 1 day/week 1-6pm) - 21 hours/week
Follows the schedule of the school district
Benefits for this position include:
Paid vacation, Sick Days, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee discount program, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
The After School Program is available to students with disabilities aged 7-22. Located at both George Miller Centers of Concord and Richmond. This program provides enriching activities designed to reinforce educational and behavioral goals of the student and family. This includes outings, socialization, recreational and educational activities.
After School Program Instructors plan, organize and conduct activities for children and young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This is an active program with an emphasis on community access.
- Develops a supportive, goal-oriented relationship with the students.
- Manages students’ medical and personal care needs in accordance with licensing guidelines.
- Promotes independence and support in individual and group social, recreational, and educational activities.
- Provides support and supervision onsite and in community activities.
- Provides support and supervision to students exhibiting challenging behaviors and implements behavior management plans, as needed.
- Cleans and organizes activities areas on a regular basis.
- Makes daily progress notations and completes student daily tracking sheets.
- Responsible for curriculum planning.
- Encourages the students to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading.
- Serves as an advocate and positive role model for the students.
- Completion of, or willingness to obtain 12 Semester or 18 quarter units in early childhood education(ECE), child development, recreation, physical education, social welfare, nursing, psychology, sociology, home economics, education or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have California drivers license and good driving record and be able to successfully complete a health screen and criminal background clearance.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Program: After School Program
This is a part time 2 position