Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
Position: Caregiver for Adults with Disabilities (Part-Time)
Location: Union City, CA -OR- Newark, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 1:00pm (20 hrs/wk)
Compensation: $19.50 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, employee discount program, 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
The Community Access Specialist (Caregiver) implements 1:1 or 1:2 in-home and community activities in the areas of independent living, social, recreational, educational, community access, and personal health. Additionally, this position completes personal care in a thorough and professional manner, in collaboration with family members or home support staff.
Applicants should be willing to:
- drive an agency van
- provide personal care assistance, such as feeding and changing
- interact in a positive, supportive manner with people who have multiple and severe disabilities
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements involving health screening and Dept. of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - medical/religious exemption requests will be considered
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Full Time and Part Time positions available in Fremont
Part time positions available in Union City & Newark
This is a non-management position
This is a part time 2 position