Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
Position: Direct Support Professional Adults with Disabilities
Location: Antioch, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 3:30pm, (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $17 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental,Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, employee discount program, 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!
The entry-level Direct Support Professional (Instructor 1) assists and teaches adults who have disabilities (eg. Down's Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy) at our CAP-Antioch day program. Group activities include arts and crafts, games, holiday parties, costume contests, music, cooking classes, field trips (parks, museums, grocery store, mall, restaurants, etc.), and more.
As an Instructor 1, you would...
- Verbally and physically support people in their daily program in an age-appropriate and respectful manner. (This includes providing support in community settings.)
- Manages peoples’ medical and personal care needs (including assisting with bathroom use), privately, respectfully and using universal safety precautions
- Implements lesson plans as developed by the supervisory team and collects data according to prescribed procedures.
- Valid CA Driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Masking required when in presence of any staff or participants
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position