Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
Position: Preschool Instructor for Children with Disabilities
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am - 2:30pm (32.5 paid hours/week)
Compensation: $20 per hour + plus great benefits!
(Increases to $21/hr after the first year of employment)
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
We are currently recruiting for an Early Intervention Specialist (non-credentialed teacher) to work with children aged 2 with developmental delays, behavioral and/or emotional challenges, as well as those who may be on the autism spectrum in our early intervention program and preschool in Richmond.
Our early intervention programs and preschools provide a well structured environment and activities that are designed to meet the developmental and behavioral goals and needs of each child. Using the therapeutic techniques of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), activities will be focused in the areas of speech and language development, fine and gross motor development, sensory integration, and social development.
- Conducts classes for children in accordance with the instructional design and philosophy of the program.
- Evaluates each child in class and in all program activities; also prepares IPP for each child.
- Plans and implements daily activities, including class, music and lunch.
- Participates in parent and staff meetings. Maintains close contact with parents and/or caregivers.
- Supervises the work of the teacher assistant.
- Experience in a classroom setting, preferably in a teacher role with children aged 18 months - 3 years old.
- Experience in Applied Behavioral Analytics (ABA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or related field with experience teaching children with developmental delays.
- 12 Early Childhood Education units required including 3 units of Infant/Toddler Care (or the willingness to obtain).
- Experience working with children on autism spectrum.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to meet state Licensing requirements involving health screening and Department of Justice clearance.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - subject to religious or medical exemptions requests
Program: Early Intervention
This is a full time position