Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa County.
Do you have experience in packaging, assembly/production work, or manufacturing? Help adults with disabilities learn crucial skills for the workplace and beyond!
The Warehouse Aide works in support of VistAbility's Commercial Support Services program based in Richmond. Commercial Support Services provides job training, community employment, and on-going career support for adults with disabilities.
On a typical day, a Warehouse Aide...
- Interacts with program participants in an enthusiastic, caring, and supportive manner.
- Supports and supervises individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a production setting.
- Brainstorms and leads fun group activities (group games, lessons plans, boardgames, etc.)
- Oversees production work such as, assembly, packaging, and mailing services, as well as assisting adults with disabilities develop life and career skills in a work setting.
- Handles materials and prepares orders for shipment, pick ups and deliveries to local businesses as well as life skills instruction and activities.
- Experience providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities or in community outreach or other social service settings.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Should be highly skilled in: leadership or coaching, conflict resolution, time management, cooperation/teamwork, developing positive professional relationships.
- Good math skills
- Valid CA Driver License and good driving record
- Up to date COVID-19 Vaccination / Booster (exemption requests can be considered)
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Position: Warehouse Aide for Adults with Disabilities
Location: Richmond, CA
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00-3:30pm (37.5 hrs/week)
Compensation: $17 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
Program: Commercial Support Services
This is a full time position