Join a trusted and highly-regarded non-profit agency based in Contra Costa County since 1965. We are committed to providing outstanding person-centered services to children and adults who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. Enjoy a work environment that emphasizes work-life balance and a culture of service.
OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person become as independent and self-sufficient as they can be. We invite you to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the people who depend on you and working together with your team in a culture of service.
The Job Coach provides on-the-job coaching and hands-on guidance to adults with disabilities working for employers throughout Contra Costa County. We are looking for individuals who genuinely love to help others and want to empower participants in their place of work.
On a typical day, a Job Coach...
- Evaluates and provides job coaching, advocacy, mobility training, follow-along and support services to the individuals served.
- Provides necessary problem solving and conflict resolution training to participants.
- Monitors job placements and provides support as necessary to maintain placement.
- Develops and implements the goals of the participants and provides necessary documentation.
- Fosters and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with job site personnel.
- Participates in conferences for the consumers, staff meetings, and other committee meetings as required.
- Follows a flexible work schedule including handling daily scheduling decisions and changes, and working nights, weekends and holidays.
- Substitutes for other Job Coaches, as required.
- Encourages consumers to participate fully in activities using prompting, cueing, and fading procedures appropriately.
- High School diploma or GED, solid verifiable work history
- CA driver's license with good driving record and a car.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Indoor masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
- Must have own car. Mileage reimbursement provided.
Compensation: $17.50-18.50/hour plus excellent benefits
$ 17.50/hour - Set Schedule
8-3:30pm, Monday - Friday schedule available
$18.50/hour - Variable Schedule
Schedule based on work shifts of participants being supported. May include some evening shifts or weekend shifts. Consistently 37.5 hours per week
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
Program: Supported Employment
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position