Join a trusted and highly-regarded non-profit agency based in Contra Costa County since 1965. We are committed to providing outstanding person-centered services to children and adults who have intellectual or developmental disabilities. Enjoy a work environment that emphasizes work-life balance and a culture of service.
OUR CULTURE OF SERVICE: The individuals and communities we serve are the reason we've been around for almost 60 years! We strive to help each person become as independent and self-sufficient as they can be. We invite you to experience the satisfaction and fulfillment of being there for the people who depend on you and working together with your team in a culture of service.
Assist adults with disabilities in gaining social skills and independence out in the community! Whether it be at the mall, bowling alley, park, volunteer opportunities-- this is a dynamic position with lots of social and community interaction.
As a Community Engagement Aide, you will provide participant-directed community-based services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Community Aides work with program participants to tailor services to their interests and personal goals in independence and self-sufficiency while out the community.
On a typical day, a Community Aide will...
- Track each participant's progress toward reaching their individual goals, and act as their case manager.
- Develop, review, and evaluate individual program plans
- Records and report writing
- Communicate with family members, care providers, case managers
- Develop and maintain community contacts
- Recreation: outdoor activities, community events, bowling, sports
- Educational activities: attend classes for art, music, yoga, foreign language
- Activities to enhance social skills and community involvement
- Mobility training, transport consumers
- Volunteer and paid work for the participants
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but can substitute for experience in relevant field.
- Two years experience also preferred, providing direct services to persons with developmental disabilities or in community outreach or other social service settings.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Should be highly skilled in: leadership or coaching, conflict resolution, time management, cooperation/teamwork, developing positive professional relationships.
- Valid CA driver license and good driving record required.
- Must meet State Licensing requirements involving health screening, 10 panel drug test, and Dept. of Justice clearance including fingerprinting and background check.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - subject to religious or medical exemption requests
- Masking is required at all program sites when in contact with any staff and/or participants
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00-3:30 pm (37.5 hour workweek)
Compensation: $19.50/hour + great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan,
- Paid vacation, Sick Days, and 11 paid Holidays plus a paid "holiday" on the employee's birthday.
- Employee Discount program for restaurants, shopping, travel.. even Disneyland!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous: 1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year; 3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year; 5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year; the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
All positions open until filled
Keywords: Direct Support, DSP, advocacy, caregiving, sales, coach, activities, outreach
This is a full time position