Founded in 1965, VistAbility is a non-profit organization providing direct services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in 13 locations throughout the Contra Costa and Alameda Counties.
Position: Day Program Instructor for Adults with Disabilities
Location: Concord, CA
Hours: Depending on Location
Monday - Friday 8:00am-3:30pm (37.5 hours per week) OR
Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:00pm (37.5 hours per week)
Compensation: $17 per hour plus great benefits!
Benefits for these work hours include:
Medical, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid vacation, Sick Days, employee discount program, 11 paid Holidays and an additional holiday the week of your Birthday!
Our vacation accrual rates are generous!
1st and 2nd year of employment = 2 weeks vacation a year;
3rd and 4th year of employment = 3 weeks vacation a year;
5th to 9th year of employment = 4 weeks vacation a year;
the 10th year onward = 5 weeks vacation a year.
Be a part of a fun, dynamic, social program and be a positive force in someone's life!
The Instructor 1 assists adults who have Down's Syndrome, Autism, Cerebral Palsy at our Concord day program. Group activities include arts and crafts, games, holiday parties, costume contests, music, cooking classes, field trips, and more.
- Verbally and physically supports people in their daily program in an age-appropriate and respectful manner. (This includes providing support in community settings.)
- Manages peoples’ medical and personal care needs (including assisting with bathroom use), privately, respectfully and using universal safety precautions
- Implements lesson plans as developed by the supervisory team and collects data according to prescribed procedures.
- Valid CA driver license
- Good driving record
- Masking is required for all staff
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Booster Required
(Covid Vaccination is subject to religious or medical exemption requests)
DMV Records Check, Background Check, Fingerprinting, Health Screen, TB Test, 10 panel Drug Screen, Covid 19 Records, Reference check and more
Keywords: Direct Support Professional, DSP, advocacy, caregiving, caregiver, activities, outreach, Nonprofit, non-profit, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, Instructor 1, Day Program, inclusion, disability, Vistability
Program: Community Access Programs
This is a full time position