Rapid City Medical Center is currently looking for a motivated Registered Nurse to join our Care Team!
Excellent Benefits package including:
- Health (2 plan options)
- HSA & Flex Account
- STD, LTD, Life Insurance & AD&D
- 401k with employer contribution
- Multiple exciting other employee perks, to include discounts at places local to Rapid City. (enjoy these perks right away)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients assigned to the care team. Works with physicians and other providers to create and administer care plans.
- Works with the provider of patients assigned to the care teams to create individual care plans.
- Participates in all care team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
- Manages high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or high risk for ER visits or readmission to a hospital as per the patient’s individual care plan.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital admission, discharge, and ER visits.
- Facilitates patient medication management based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Manages and submits all reports to the Health Home programs.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Facilitates health and disease patient education, including leading group office visits.
- Provides general nursing care to patients based on practice guidelines, standards of care and federal/state laws and regulations. .
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years professional nursing experience in a clinical setting. Two to five years of experience in chronic disease management and adult acute care settings preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: State RN license.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations, practices and clinic policies and procedures to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of health care systems, structure, functions and community resources.
- Knowledge of wellness/illness, human behavior, psychosocial factors, and alternative health care treatments.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to the release of health care information.
- Skill in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and emergency response.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
- Skill in patient triage in person and on the phone.
- Ability to analyze options and then counsel patients and families about choices and make referrals to other providers and resources.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to engage patients and families in the development and implementation of care plans.
- Ability to be a team player that can follow a system and protocol to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results and maintain quality standards.
Combination of office and exam settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling & assisting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs