Looking for a career in healthcare but also want a great work and life balance?
Come work at RCMC where there are no are no nights, weekends, or holidays!
You are eligible for our excellent benefits package on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment. Those benefits include:
- Health (2 plan options)
- HSA & Flex Account
- LTD, Life Insurance & AD&D
- 401k with employer contribution
- Multiple exciting other employee perks, to include discounts at places local to Rapid City. (enjoy these perks right away)
Rapid City Medical Center is looking for a Full time Site Coordinator for our Medical Arts location. This position is responsible for coordinating operations and activities of our Medical Arts location as assigned. Duties include monitoring patient flow, ensure compliance with regulations for quality patient care, managing nurse schedules and call schedules, handling patient complaints and will assist administration staff to ensure performance evaluations are complete. Provides direct supervision to medical records and reception staff.
- Assists administration staff with the facilitation of ensuring performance evaluations are completed (ninety day and annual) for all staff.
- Ensures compliance with RCMC policy and supports providers in the development and implementation of clinic specific policies and procedures.
- Provides direct supervision to medical records, medical transcription and reception staff to include assisting in hiring, performance management, wage recommendations, promotions, and disciplinary actions. Does not supervise any licensed staff.
- Monitors patient flow and proposes adjustments as needed to maximize efficiency.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and with clinic standards of quality patient care, working with nursing staff to ensure clinical needs are met.
- Manages the nurse’s schedules. Coordinates nurse vacation requests and sick time with the Director of Clinical Support Staff to provide nursing coverage for Medical Arts providers.
- Reports any concerns of performance issues to the Director of Clinical Staff and Human Resources Director for any nursing staff disciplinary action that may be necessary.
- During peak times or other times of need, performs reception duties and medical records to ensure appropriate patient flow.
- Handles clinic level patient complaints as appropriate and escalates them to higher administrative staff as necessary.
- Manages the family medicine call schedule for South, Medical Arts and Mt. Rushmore Road family medicine providers.
- Orders all clinic supplies including clinical supplies and vaccines.
- Communicates closely with providers to ensure work systems, staff, and clinic environment are aligned with excellent patient care.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Coordinates staff meetings as needed (at least quarterly).
- Ensures customer service standards are met or exceeded and assists with complaints as requested.
- Ensures compliance with established HIPAA procedures and reports concerns to Privacy Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Education
- At least one year of healthcare experience and management preferred.
- Organization policies and procedures.
- Human resource management practices.
- Computer systems, programs, and applications.
- Basic nursing principles and protocols.
- Basic patient education principles.
- Policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient’s confidentiality.
- Computer software applications and ability to use a computer
- Gathering, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Administering a variety of treatment, oral and injectable medications..
- Communicating effectively with patients, family medical staff.
- Establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Commutate and work effectively with provider and staff.
- React calmly and effectively in stressful or emergency situations.
Department: Family Medicine
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs