Monday - Friday, day shift. Wage will depend on experience.
You are eligible for our excellent benefits package on the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment. Those benefits include:
- Health (2 plan options)
- HSA & Flex Account
- STD, LTD, Life Insurance & AD&D
- 401k with employer contribution
- Multiple exciting other employee perks, to include discounts at places local to Rapid City. (enjoy these perks right away)
- Responsible for insurance accounts receivable
- Follow up on unpaid claims utilizing the established workflows
- Responsible to ensure claims are worked in the proper manner; ensure all corrected claims and appeals are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Assist in payor audits by collecting, reviewing, and collaborating with multiple departments to submit information and responses in a timely manner
- Responsible to review updates and policy changes communicated by payors via newsletter or other correspondence
- Communicate identified trends to varying levels of leadership
- Collaborate with multiple departments to resolve identified trends and workflow improvements
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High school graduation or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year of experience in a billing office working with claims submissions to insurance companies. Preferred experience in working with insurance companies regarding insurance claims and denials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing, insurance claims processing, and collection practices
- Ability to read and interpret an Explanation of Benefits
- Knowledge of clinic operations
- Knowledge of a practice management and EMR system, eClinicalWorks preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a deadline driven environment with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and on the phone to establish/maintain cooperative relationship with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skill in using web-based healthcare coding programs and systems
- Ability to examine insurance documents to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ability to prepare insurance records in accordance with detailed instructions
PHYSICIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Job requires largely sedentary role requiring one’s ability to sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Department: Business/Billing Office
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs