We are looking for an entry-level Purchasing Assistant . This individual is responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager with purchase orders as well as the supplier interface. This position will assist with data entry, placing orders and following up with outside vendors to meet required deadlines
- Follow-up with PO’s for order confirmation and arrival date.
- Call vendors for product information, pricing, availability, lead time, returns.
- Confer with suppliers to obtain products or service information such as price.
- Verify invoices for payment and discrepancy.
- Advice product information or order status to other departments as needed.
- Identify, solicit and monitor status of purchasing orders and request for quotes.
- Resolve quality, delivery, materials returns and payment issues with suppliers.
- Refers issues to appropriate manager, prepare reports and documentation as required.
- Accurately perform administrative tasks such as product pricing, cost files, and vendor file information.
- Gather document needed such as CofA, specification and MSDS sheet.
- Send email to follow-up on order status.
- Enter quotations in system.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Team player
- Proficent in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Proficient English (written and verbal)
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental (company pays 75% of employees HMO plans)
- Discounted Vision
- 401k match up to 3% of annual salary
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position