We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team.
Must have same or similar industry experience. This person will be responsible for ensuring that work is scheduled and performed in a safety environment. This position requires problem solving and analytical skills to assist in resolve issues by gathering, understanding pertinent information, and utilizing available resources to implement corrective action in a timely manner. This position will be responsible for protecting and improving capital assets and ensuring compliance with relevant codes (OSHA, FDA, GMP, etc).
- Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily soft gel manufacturing operations.
- Problems solve/troubleshoot as required and implement changes to maximize production yields and efficiencies.
- Consistently administer company policy regarding attendance, conduct, performance, quality, safety and teamwork.
- Resolve employee issues, taking appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Responsible for personnel development - instruct, train, motivate and otherwise assist employees to ensure that production, safety and quality objectives are achieved.
- Will be crossed-trained in all areas of Manufacturing.
- Train other shifts and departments.
- Develop daily schedule for the production team and be prepared when there are schedule changes.
- Provides direction for the manufacturing associates / department, including: safety, morale, production schedule attainment, quality, and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Solve/troubleshoot problems as required and implement changes to maximize production yields and efficiencies.
- Update and develop new procedures of the workflow.
- Conducts semiannual and annual reviews of the employees.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Data enter daily productivity in ERP system.
- Generate reports to analyze the productivity of the department.
- Writes operations procedures for the equipment in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Over see a team of 30 or more production employees
- Lead and manage team through effective interviewing, hiring, training employees, setting expectations, organizational development, performance management, succession planning, motivating, coaching, and problem resolution.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to employees by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve employee’s performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to manager.
- 2+ years in Manufacturing Management, Supply Chain, Medical, Food, Pharmaceutical, Dietary, or a related industry.
- 3+ years in a management role working knowledge of cGMPs and FDA regulations as it pertains to document control.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills – experience in leading a high performing manufacturing team in a fast paced, regulated, discrete batch environment.
- Strong Communication skills – Ability to clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization
- Problem Solver – Ability to apply critical and creative thinking to; improving processes, meeting challenges and solving problems.
- Cost Conscious – Ability to identify and implement cost reduction initiatives taking into account impact on quality, safety and other key supply chain drivers.
- Supply Chain / Business Acumen – Understand and manage the supply chain and business implications of new processes and innovations
- Coachable Spirit - Willingness to learn; adapt to and champion change Demonstrates flexibility.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental (company pays 75% of employees HMO plans)
- Discounted Vision
- 401k match up to 3% of annual salary
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Days
Robinson Pharma is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Robinson Pharma takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
This is a management position
This is a full time position