Georgia Stone Products – Equipment Operator, Aggregates
Location: Jefferson, GA | Report to: Foreman /Plant Manager | Classification: Full-time / Non-Exempt
Georgia Stone Products is a part of Boxley Materials Company; specializing in construction materials producing aggregate and sand products, with operations in Georgia and South Carolina. Founded in 2016 to meet Metro Atlanta’s demand for an additional source of quality aggregate products, Georgia Stone along with Boxley Materials became a member of the Summit Materials family of companies in 2017. Since that time, quality products, hard work, and exceptional customer service have led to exponential growth expanding the company’s operations. Dedicated employees are at the heart of our success. Our team brings more than 100 years of combined work experience in the ready-mix, concrete products, trucking, and natural sand industries. This varied experience helps us innovate and solves problems to help customers build better projects.
Our values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, and Inclusivity define our actions and priorities.
Our goal is to ensure that our employees go home safely each day, because they are our most valuable asset.?
As a valued team member, you will have opportunities to build a fulfilling career within Georgia Stone, Boxley Materials and Summit.
WHY JOIN THE GEORGIA STONE TEAM
It is our belief as part of the Summit family that we hire and retain the best people. We work safely, build long-term relationships inside and outside the company, and reward outstanding contributions. Our commitment is to involve our employees in the decision-making process, while proactively coming together to support and actively participate in the communities in which we live, work and play.
Our goal is for all employees to be safe, aligned with our values and have fulfilling careers.
We provide competitive benefits and compensation, to include:
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance / AD&D
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program access (EAP)
- 401(k) with company-matched contribution
- HSA and FSA’s for health and dependent care
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Growth & Development Opportunities
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR DETAILS
Georgia Stone is searching for is searching for a mechanically inclined, safety-oriented Equipment Operator to regularly operate multiple pieces of equipment in our quarry environments. This position is responsible for the safe, responsible, and productive operation of various equipment to include haul trucks, loaders, water trucks, track hoes, excavators, and more. Additional duties may include performing equipment checks, general labor related duties and maintenance as needed.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR OUR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- Responsible operation of equipment daily, in a safe manner
- Maintain mechanical functions of equipment as needed
- Maintain neat appearance of equipment
- Replace, assist, or act as back-up to other roles within the quarry
- Follow all safety policies, procedures, and protocol
- Attend safety and operations meetings and trainings as directed
- Comply with all Federal, State, and Corporate policies
- Additional duties assigned by leadership.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
- Ability to perform repetitive and continuous functions, as necessary.
- Respond quickly to hazards of safety concerns.
- Work outside daily/year-round, as needed.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50-100lbs with or without assistance
- Occasional kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and squatting
- Ability to perform responsibilities and objectives successfully and safely.
- Ability and willingness to work outside daily / year-round.
- Read, comprehend, and write the English language.
- Ability to respond quickly to hazards and safety concerns.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment operation is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
GEORGIA STONE PRODUCTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Boxley Materials and its affiliates value diversity and strive to provide an equal opportunity, safe working environment for all our employees. We take pride in our hiring processes and our commitment to equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status, veteran status, or any other class. Our goal is to drive diversity in our teams and inclusivity in our work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, deciding all employment on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
Summit Materials (NYSE: SUM) is a publicly traded construction materials company that supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, & asphalt paving mix in the United States & western Canada.
Summit Materials has completed more than 70 acquisitions since its founding & continues to pursue growth opportunities in new & existing markets. We are committed to creating value, providing access to growth capital, implementing best practices, & offering a safe place to work, while striving to exceed our environmental & social responsibilities.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time, non-exempt position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs