The Core Account Manager oversees the management of core material received from and used for customer accounts ensuring accurate inventory levels and supplies are available to meet the Customer’s needs. This can be achieved by establishing multiple sources of core supply, working with the OEM to promote reman training, working with internal departments to streamline and improve current process, and maintain reliable contacts to meet needs of the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with customer(s) and reman suppliers to ensure core criteria is accurate for all core receipts and that all core criteria is kept up to date as changes occur
- Take pictures, upload and complete criteria as needed
- Maintain visibility of correct criteria for all parties involved
- Develop core inventory requirements based on finished good forecasts and fallout %
- Identify core excess and work with reman supplier to salvage parts and/or components for use with other part numbers.
- Grant asset recovery team permission to sell excess and non-usable core
- When needed, manage customer(s) inventory reserve and make recommendations as to where the reserve should be allocated
- Monitor and analyze reman supplier inventory
- Monitor and control inventory levels and make recommendations as to necessary level to support forecast
- Track core inventory turns and measure against goals established by customer(s) and SRCL
- Ensure inventory transparency for customer(s)
- Analyze data related to core receipts, on hand inventory and forecasts and develop equations for optimal inventory on hand
- For core shortages, make core purchase requests to asset recovery team and monitor progress
- For core shortages not able to be filled by asset recovery team, make recommendation to customer(s) to purchase new to fill reman order
- Analysis and root cause reporting on all core shortages and recommendation for long term solution
- Work closely with IT Manager on core system development and ensure that programming is in line with account requirements (eligibility, owes and dues, automated return process, etc)
- Assist in education of customer(s) dealer networks when rolling out new system
- As required, assist in teardown efforts to increase supply chain efficiency
- Ensure component storage protects components and is adequate for reman suppliers upon receipt from SRCL
- Ensure components are inventoried in conjunction with part numbers of reman suppliers
- Participate in reman supplier scheduling meetings to stay up to date on core requirements to fill schedules
- Participate in Research and Development meetings at customer(s) location to assist in new product launch as it pertains to core management
- Provide regular reports to customer(s) and reman suppliers on key performance metrics.Examples include but aren’t limited to; fill rates, inventory levels, inventory turns, inbound/outbound core reports, core sales vs. receipts by dealer (over and under returns).
- Responsible for developing departmental budgets and participating in the development of goals and strategies for the entire organization
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established OSHA requirements.
- Required to follow safety standards.Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being an owner of the company.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere; will be exposed to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Standing/walking 20%, Sitting 80%. Ability to lift and carry 10-25 lbs. for short distances.
MINIMUM SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing or logistics experience preferred
- Interact with customers requires some travel, 10%.Travel inside of Springfield, 40%
- Good computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows based programs are required with an emphasis on advanced Microsoft Excel ability.
- Must be extremely reliable, motivated to succeed and have a high level of energy.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to multi task are required
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills are required
- Participates in and supports the principles of Open Book Management and recognizes the responsibilities of being a part owner of the company.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Must comply with Logistics’ core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
ADDITIONAL SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technical discipline is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or agriculture industries.
Department: Account Management
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs