Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Maintenance Custodian position has the responsibility of maintaining a clean environment for all associates and guests of the company. Determining cleanliness can be subjective, so the Maintenance Custodian must listen to recommendations by those affected and adhere to the requirements of the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow prescribed safety procedures
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms and break room
- Clean employee entrances
- Operate powered sweepers and scrubbers to clean all walkways and drive aisles
- Empty trash in bathrooms and break room and outside break areas
- Maintain outside building areas including debris removal, pathways snow removal and deicer application
- Perform numerous regularly schedule safety inspections
- Set-up and maintain training and break rooms for various types of activities
- Operate Powered Industrial Trucks including forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Perform other light maintenance as necessary
- Assist maintenance technicians with projects
- Track maintenance supplies, communicate with purchaser when replenishment is necessary, and drive to suppliers, when necessary, to make purchases/pickups
- Perform general painting including walls, stairs, door, and some machinery
- Perform minor repairs
- Assist in preventative maintenance functions
- Provide assistance in facility projects requiring electrical, plumbing, HVAC, assembly, disassembly, etc. as directed.
- Work with facility safety administrator to ensure that the facility is meeting or exceeding all safety standards
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being a part owner of the company
Exposure to harsh conditions such as dust, grime, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for moderate to extended periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 10%, standing/walking 90%. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb ladders, operate scissor-lift, sit-down forklift, and stand-up forklift, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must not be afraid of heights; may be requiredelevate to heights in excess of 26 feet
- 2 years of experience with maintenance, custodial work, or construction are preferred
- Requires maintaining a valid Missouri driver’s license and liability insurance with $100,000/$300,000 limits for any/all personal vehicles used for company required travel on company time.
- Competent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents, plans and schematic drawings and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.Ability to define problems, collect information and establish facts.
- Self-start with ability to work independently
- Knowledge of and adherence to safety rules
SRC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position. All job offers are contingent upon passing a drug screen and criminal background check.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs