***THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER SAN FRANCISCO AIDS FOUNDATION or THE LOS ANGELES LBGT CENTER***
San Francisco AIDS Foundation (SFAF) envisions a future where health justice is achieved for all people living with or at risk for HIV. Ultimately, we strive for a day when race is not a barrier to health and wellness, substance use is not stigmatized, HIV status does not determine quality of life, and HIV transmission is eliminated.
Our mission is to promote health, wellness, and social justice for communities most impacted by HIV through sexual health and substance use services, advocacy, and partnership.
Our strategic plan includes an articulation of its five key values, which are the foundation for its work and its employees: Justice, Dignity, Courage, Leadership and Excellence. We need passionate agents of social change, vanguards of public health, and practitioners of racial justice to join our fight.
An active, energized and thriving fundraising community is central to the mission of AIDS/LifeCycle. The AIDS/LifeCycle Director, ALC Partnership Development main focus is to build a strong and thriving partnership program that includes sponsorship, in-kind and community partner support for AIDS/LifeCycle.
This new role is responsible for the evaluating and revising the current partnership program, positing AIDS/LifeCycle ; prospecting, retention and stewardship of ride wide and regional partners for AIDS/LifeCycle; managing partnership agreements, activations and benefits throughout the lifecycle of all partners. The Director, ALC Partnership Development will work closely with the Director, ALC Corporate Engagement, the Production team and the Community Engagement team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a partnership development plans that includes sponsorship, in-kind giving and community/local partnerships.
- Responsible for meeting corporate giving annual goal; growing cash sponsorship to $1million+ over the next two years
- Act as primary contact of stewardship for potential and corporate partners of AIDS/LifeCycle
- Partner with Director, ALC Corporate Engagement to identify opportunities for corporate teams and Ride wide partners
- Actively partner with Production Director to identify activation opportunities and in-kind needs, ensuring continuity throughout the partnership program
- Partner with the Marketing Team for fulfillment of digital and marketing related partner benefits
- Write, manage, track and provide annual impact reports for all partnership agreements
- Partner with Development Teams at both San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles LGBT Center
- Stewardship Duties include making phone calls, social media engagement, in-person meeting, email and other forms of engagement.
- Tracks corporate team progress and interactions using multiple database systems.
- Networking and Making Connections: Is able to identify, connect (possibly with cold calls) and steward relationships that bring value to the AIDS/LifeCycle community
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and writing communication are critical
- Business Development: 7+ years’ experience in sponsorship/partnership sales or equivalent business development experience required; preferably in a charity or recreational sports setting
- Sales and Corporate Savvy: Experience navigating and selling to all levels of corporations required.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in work duties, work schedule and organizational structure.
- Problem Solving and critical thinking: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works with others to solve complex problems.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated ability to fulfill AIDS/LifeCycle’s professional expectations of accountability, active collaboration, ethics, commitment, communication, diversity and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, and to work independently with very high level self-direction sense of urgency
- Ability to work nights, weekends and non-traditional hours as needed.
Physical Requirements and Work Environments:
- Ability to travel locally and regionally up to 50%
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system.
- Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, and lifting up to 30 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires staffing AIDS/LifeCycle including pre and post event production duties. During the AIDS/LifeCycle event in June and the days immediately before and after the event, additional responsibilities may be assigned, as necessary. These responsibilities may include administrative duties, volunteer supervision, safety monitoring, vendor relations, and/or sales supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of work in business development, partnerships and/or peer to peer team development required.
- Direct experience with AIDS/LifeCycle preferred
- Previous experience in non-profit partnership and/or sporting event development preferred
This position will have access to protected health information (PHI) and may only access, use or disclose the minimum information necessary to perform their designated role on behalf of San Francisco AIDS Foundation, regardless of the extent of access provided.
This position is primarily located 1035 Market Street and 470 Castro Street, San Francisco, however it may occasionally require traveling to other office locations or off-site meetings as required by the job. Role may include evening and weekend coverage.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
SFAF is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees. These include:
Vacation + Leave
20 days of combined Paid Time Off/Sick Time Off for the first two years of employment
25 days of Paid Time Off/Sick Time Off after two years of employment
Pro-Rated Health & Wellness Hours (subject to change yearly)
14 paid holidays per year
403(b) Plan – SFAF matches employee contributions (1 to 1) up to 3% of salary
Flexible Spending Account to set aside employee pre-tax dollars for unreimbursed medical and dependent expenses.
Medical insurance - premium fully/partially paid by SFAF for employee (Kaiser Permanente HMO, Sutter Health Plus HMO)
Vision insurance – premium fully paid by SFAF for employee (VSP)
Dental insurance – premiums fully/partially paid by SFAF for the employee (Guardian Insurance)
Employee Sponsored Care
Plume - Gender Affirming Care
Care.com – Family care benefits
Life Insurance + Disability + Family Leave
Life Insurance and AD&D insurance – Employer Paid: 100% of salary, up to $100K (Guardian)
Long term disability insurance (Guardian)
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA), Pregnancy-Related Disability Leave (PDL), as applicable
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The San Francisco AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ individuals and people of color.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please visit our careers page at:
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at San Francisco AIDS Foundation