Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Extraction Tech to join our laboratory team in Huntington, NY. Under the supervision of a Laboratory Director or Laboratory Supervisor, the Extraction Technician will perform laboratory tests including sample preparation and extraction of various analytes from biological specimens.
This is a full time, ongoing position with a schedule of Tuesday-Saturday from 1pm-9:30pm.
- Aliquot urine and/or oral fluid specimens for sample preparation procedures
- Perform sample preparation techniques including specimen hydrolysis, solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction as outline in the laboratory SOP
- Prepare samples for gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS)
- Prepare reagents and buffers as needed
- Assists with maintaining an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies
- Troubleshoots problems as necessary
- Responsible for all record keeping associated with specimen preparation
Education and Experience:
- A degree in a laboratory science (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) is preferred
- At least 60 semester hours of laboratory science, medical technology courses, and science courses is required.
- Laboratory experience helpful, but not required
- Active NY CLT certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written, technical instructions
- Sound technical ability
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid time off (PTO) / paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- Short term disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization.
Department: Laboratory Services (Facility)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs