Cordant Health Solutions™ is at the forefront of combating today’s opioid epidemic through its network of toxicology laboratories and pharmacies. Cordant is committed to providing cutting-edge solutions for payers, clinicians and agencies involved with addiction, criminal justice and pain management. Cordant is one of the only toxicology laboratories that includes a full-service, high-touch pharmacy that specializes in complex management and dispensing of controlled substances. As a reliable partner, Cordant provides testing protocols, treatment recommendations and considerations and digital case-management tools to help its customers become more efficient and effective. Cordant strives to change the way its clients use toxicology results and assists its clients in navigating the ever-changing industries in which they operate. Laboratories and/or pharmacies are located in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Massachusetts, New York, and Washington.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Specimen Processor to join our Tacoma, Washington Laboratory team. The Processing Department is the first step for a sample within the laboratory and prepares the sample for all required testing. Each Specimen Processor will be competent in two functions within the department and be knowledgeable of the segments of work. Available functions are Specimen Accessioning, Data Entry, and Aliquot. Segments of work are Criminal Justice, Pain Management, Employment, Oral Fluids and Regulatory testing.
This position will be full-time, 5 days per week, schedule to be determined. All shifts will take place between the hours of 8:30am-6:30pm, and can be any day of the week or weekend.
The Specimen Processor role is an entry level position, and the starting salary for this position is $12 per hour for candidates without a college degree and $12.50 per hour for candidates with their degree. We endeavor to create ongoing career opportunities for our employees here at Cordant, so the potential for promotion or advancement is possible with proven performance. If this position does not meet your professional needs, but you are interested in pursuing other opportunities with Cordant, please visit our Careers page at http://cordantsolutions.com/careers/ for additional opportunities.
- Specimen Accessioning: Enters the sample into the computer system, selects the provided client account with requested testing, and prepares a test tube for initial drug screening.
- Data Entry area: Captures the required demographics from the sample requisition and enters it into our system for result reporting.
- Aliquot: Prepares exact volumes of specimens for confirmative testing using transfer pipettes and ensures that samples received by Accessioning are stored accurately in Specimen Storage.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meticulous attention to detail is required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Able to interpret and follow complex, written instructions
- Sound technical ability
About Cordant Health Solutions:
Working at Cordant Health Solutions means constantly being challenged to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic, vibrant environment. Our team members are the key to our success and we are committed to providing an environment that not only offers a fun, positive work environment but also career building opportunities and a positive work/life balance. Cordant Health Solutions supports its employees by offering a benefits package to eligible employees that includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid time off (PTO) / paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Company paid long term disability
- Short term disability
Cordant Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled) that believes diversity leads to a stronger organization.
Department: Laboratory Services (Facility)
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs